Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare(2002)

     This week I read Romeo and Juliet. I've seen this movie before. This novel is like a script so I thought this is hard to read for the first time, but after I thought this type is interesting to read.


ROMEO [to himself]: Who is that beautiful lady, shining so brightly in the dark night? She is too beautiful for ordinary life, too special for this world! She is like a lovely white bird in a group of ugly ones. At end of this dance, I'll see where she stands. I'll try and touch her lovely hand with my rough one. Was I in love before? - No - not until tonight.(p.9)

     I like this scene. Romeo was in love other lady until he met Juliet, but he was foregot about her immediately so I could feel that he was in love her strongly. At first glace, this scene looks the start of love but this is aloso end of the love.


Juliet: Do I hear a noise? Than I'll be quick. [ shee sees Romeo's knife and picks it up. ] Oh, friendly knife! My body will be your final resting-place. [ she pushes the knife into her body and falls dead. ](p.50)

     This is almost end of the story. Few minutes ago, Romeo killed by himself by drinking a strong poison. If he received a letter from Friar or arrived  late, they could meet in this world, not in haven. 

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Ireland by Tim Vicary

Lost at Sea

The Moneymaker by Janet Gleason (1999)