the Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (2002)

     This week I read the Phantom of the Opera.I had known this book but I had never read this story so this was the first time to read.

Faust sang to her and Margarita replied, but not in her beautiful voice, but with the voice of a toad: "Co-ack!" (p.28)
     Managers received a letter from the Opera ghost and he requested some thing. But managers didn't believe that letter was sent by the Opera ghost.
But when Carlotta sang on stage, the strange voice came out from her mouth. I think this scene is a little funny because some people died in this story. This was not so scary for me.


"Poor Erik!" Who was this Erik? And why was Christine pitying Erik when Raul was so unhappy?(p.35)
      I thought that the Opera ghost was real ghost or phantom. But I first leaned about the ghost was not real ghost who had a name and alived. I also thought that how did he crash the chandelier on the head of woman and spoke to her without him body.


"Yes, she was wating for me. And when I came forward, she did not run away ... and I kissed her on the forehead! Oh, how good it is to kisa somebody on the forehead! My mother, doraga, my poor, unhappy mother never ... let me kiss her ... She used to run away(...) "(p.79~80)
      Before I read this scene, I thought he was cruel. But after read this scene, I feel sad and lean about why did he become a cruel man.  I think he needed a true lone and he wanted to love from someone. At first, I thought this book was just horror story but now I think this is not only horror story.

There was many people in this story so I was confused with names. But this is good story. Not only scary but also interesting.
I want to watch this story  in a musical!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Ireland by Tim Vicary

Lost at Sea

The Moneymaker by Janet Gleason (1999)