Macbeth by William Shakespeare (2004)

     This week I read "Macberh" thre were many people in this story so it's difficult to remember these people.


"Third Witch: Your children will be kings, although you won't be king. So hail, Macbeth and Banquo!"(p.5)
     Macbeth and Banquo met witches in the forest and they heard about their future from the witches. And Macbeth knew that he will be king but present king is alive now so he decided to kill him. He also killed his best friend, Banquo because his sons will be king but his murderer failed to kill his sons. I think this scene is start of this story.

"Macbeth: I saw him as clearly as I am standing here. In the past, when men died violent deaths, that was the end of them. But now, a dead man comes back again with cuts all over his head and pushes me out of my chair."(p.30)
     From this scene, he could see a ghost of Banquo but no one believed him and they thought that he was ill. I feel so scared when I read this scene because I am afraid of ghost. I think Banquo was frustrating so he appeared in front of Macbeth. He didn't do terrible things for Macbeth so he was angry.


"Macbeth: You cannot hurt me. My life is protected. No man can hurt me unless he was not born from a woman.
 Macduff: Then listen to this! I was not born naturally. I was cut from my mother's body."(p.51)
     Witches told about that things for Macbeth but I couldn't understand because every people is born from oun mother. I finally realized that meaning when I read Macduff's quote. I thought Macbeth would never killed by anyone but after that he killed. And this story was bloody...

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Ireland by Tim Vicary

Lost at Sea

The Moneymaker by Janet Gleason (1999)