The Firm by John Grisham(1991)

This week I read “The Firm”. This story is about a man who work at law firm. I felt this story is a little bit difficult.

“You‘ll find the work takes at least eighty hours a week at first. And there’s always more if you want it. Everyone works a hundred hours a week during tax season.”(p.4)

       The main character was told about low firm’s work from worker. I thought this firm was busy and it’s hard to work at low firm. If I work a hundred hours a week, I definitely would get sick.

“‘Three things. First, don’t trust anymore. Second, every word you say, at home or in the office, is probably being recorded. ... Money doesn’t grow on trees.’”(p.16)

     The FBI talked to main character in the cafe and told about the firm’s secrets that he’ve never noticed. The low firm gave him a car and house and many recorders are attached everywhere. I felt so scary and I don’t want to talk anything when I heard this fact.

“‘No lawyer has ever left your firm alive,’”(p.31)

      The main character heard about many lawyer who tried to leave the firm were killed by the firm. He couldn’t believe at first but he thought that things his coworkers was dead by car accident was strange so he decided to cooperate with FBI. It was unbelievable for me that the law firm kills their own college.

Almost every chapter, a new character appeared so I was very confused their names. Also, the structure of sentence was complex. It was hard to read for me.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Ireland by Tim Vicary

Lost at Sea

The Moneymaker by Janet Gleason (1999)